Irish Coffee is a classic choice for the cold winter evenings, but at the same time also a fantastic choice as a kind of dessert. Different variations of “coffee cocktails” came before the now-classic Irish Coffee for at least 100 years. From the mid-19th century, Pharisäer and Fiaker were served at various bars in Vienna. Both were cocktails that came in a glass with whipped cream on top.
- Pour Tullamore Dew into a glass suitable for hot liquids.
- Fill the glass almost completely with coffee.
- Add a stick of brown sugar
- Finish by adding whipped cream to the surface carefully and serve.
- Stir the candy cane around until the sugar is dissolved.