Sangria is a really delicious and fruity summer drink with a fresh citrus flavor, which you would traditionally make as a punch for large and small gatherings. It should be enjoyed ice cold in the hot weather! Perfect for the fun summer parties where there must be a good punch. The word Sangria is thought to come from the Spanish word "sangre" which means blood.
- Mix cold red wine, cava and vodka in a jug with lots of ice cubes.
- Add the lemon juice and the juice from half of the orange.
- Season with cane sugar.
- Cut the other half of orange into small triangles and place them in the jug.
- Place the jug in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Taste the sangria again, it must not be too sour or sweet.
- Finally, stir the mixture well.
- Serve in tall glasses filled with ice cubes and pieces of oranges and lemons.